How to Get Visitors To Good Content - LinkBait Technique
By definition, linkbait is any piece of content created to attract links by its awesome quality, entertaining or humorous, or usefulness value.
- Ego Hooks - If you talk about someone in a positive manner within your articles, then those people are more likely to bookmark your site or vote it up.
- Humor Hooks - Humor and news always battle it out for the top hooks people want to see and click. The benefit of humor is once funny, always funny. News will eventually get old.
- Contrary Hooks - Try to play the other side of the fence for once. I maintain a site about organic food, and wrote a post titled: Organic Food Is Not Healthy. Of course, I referring to a report by someone who said that. I then opposed the report and dissected it, but the headline what got people to click.
- Resource Hooks - How To's are best here. People are always looking to learn something new or you can even use a Top 10 list. Works for late night, so why not here?
- News Hooks - People want to break the latest news story. This is why sites like Digg were so popular for a while. You wanted to be the first one to digg a story. And better yet, you wanted to have your story dugg. This was a huge amount of traffic if you could get to Digg's front page. So, if you have a good news story, then break it.